Monday, October 6, 2014

Reflective Teaching: A 30-Day Blogging Challenge For Teachers (Day 9)

Reflective Teaching: A 30-Day Blogging Challenge For Teachers (Day 9)


Topic: Write about one of your biggest accomplishments in your teaching that no one knows about (or may not care).



Someone nominated me for Oregon Teacher of the Year- for 2015, I don't have any idea who it was. I have only told a handful of people and most of that stemmed from the application process. It was over 12 pages worth of essays! And it took a good chunk of my summer vacation time, once I got back from conferences and teaching teachers for me to get it done. To say I got stressed about completing it in the deadline "was a bit of an understatement gov'na!" (see the youtube clip here to say it in your head as you are reading the right way...)


I am sure I am not going to win, but the fact that some person nominated me makes me feel better than anything. Secretly I hope it was one of my former students, or parents of a student- vs. a family member or colleague. It would be awesome to know who it was, but honestly in the end it doesn't really matter, just the thought that someone thought of me in general in that high of a regard means a lot.

For more on the 30-Day Blogging Challenge click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment