Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Reflective Teaching: A 30-Day Blogging Challenge For Teachers (Day 11)

Reflective Teaching: A 30-Day Blogging Challenge For Teachers (Day 11)


Topic:
What is your favorite part of the school day and why?



https://www.flickr.com/photos/gforsythe/7132980349/ 
I have two favorite parts. My first choice is my prep period, I have two one for being a tech coach where I am running around helping other teachers, co-teaching, researching and preparing for professional development etc. The other is for my English teacher prep. I love the creation of content, the researching and layout that comes with putting everything together. I am not a teacher, nor have I ever been this way, that uses pre-made lessons. I like to take little bits and pieces from all over and make them my own based on what my students need and what we are currently studying. It is because of this that I think that if I ever leave the classroom it would probably be after I got my doctorate in curriculum design and moved onto something maybe at the district level. I especially love curriculum design as paired with technology integration. 


Harry Potter House Cup
My second favorite part of the day is my advisory class, it has always been a favorite of mine because it seems like through my personality and my competitive nature I am always able to connect to my advisory kids better than most. The competitiveness allows for me to get the kids actively involved in activities with the rest of the school. We have always done t-shirts for different activities, we get points throughout the year to win the "Titan Cup" which our team really looks forward to keeping our reign. The nerdy HP 4 Life! person in me thinks the "Titan Cup" is our muggle version of the House Cup... so we have to win! 

This year's group takes on an even more important turn with me as they are helping me build a student lead tech support group. They are wonderful kids and I am so excited about the stuff that they are able to do and help the staff and students in the building with. I will be writing about them a lot this year, they are amazing me constantly. 

See this post from last week for more info! 


For more on the 30-Day Blogging Challenge click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment